Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap 32-40 inch gaming tv

Options
  • 04-01-2022 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Iv a LG Cx 48 for where im living for gaming and its unreal of course for new gen consoles. but im looking for a 32-40 inch for my room in my home house that will be just ok for some gaming and a firestick. prob be only ps3 or a switch plugged into it most the time but odd time i might bring home series x or ps5.prob only want spend 250-450 euro.any suggestons? LG32LM6370 seemed like an ok option in harvey norman today.3 hdmi be good but 2 would do. small room so 30-40 inch be range.thanks

Comments

to be honest OP if you’re willing to pay more than what you would for a TV (seeing as you don’t necessarily want to watch TV rather stream media with fire stick) I’d look at a monitor rather than TV.

They’re just flat out better for gaming haha. nicer screens, better refresh rates, usually thinner and lighter than a television also. some of the pros, the cons are mainly

they are more expensive, they often don’t have speakers so you’d want a pair of good headphones which may or may not be an issue (if you use a headset already) & you are limited to one HDMI port, (a HDMI, DP, VGA usually) and no SCART or AV input. (However, I’d always recommend using an upscaler of some sort on modern TVs with retro consoles), but the image quality and gaming experience, in my opinion, is unrivalled by any television.

I honestly wouldn't buy an LG at that end of the market again in this life time. Between myself and my brother we've had 4 develop purple patches in the last year or so . Granted 2018-19 models. I've got a 2020 monitor I'm currently trying to warrantee replace and I'm not at all happy with them.

On the hunt for a replacement for a 32" myself similar usage but the crap thats out there in that size and price point is unreal bad. Many are sub 1080p with crap HDR

Samsung LU32J592UQRXXU UJ590 32" 4K UHD Monitor - Ultra HD 3840 x 2160, HDMI, Displayport https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08WXBN28S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7HC1RN1DJ44S1SD6GJM6

€405 isn’t bad to be fair but that’s just the first 4k one.

making sure it’s a low input refresh rate monitor also important I forgot to mention. 1ms is fine anything higher is shite! 😂

just be aware that’s not referring to hz (60hz, 75hz, 144hz etc)

Advertisement