Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prime video content

• 03-01-2022 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all, got prime over Christmas period and so also have prime video.

My problem is with the exception of Amazons own stuff not a single thing appears to be available in my region.

Is there actually anything that can be watched in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Are you watching on PrimeVideo.com or Amazon.co.uk?

The Prime Video site must be used in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

I’m using the .co.uk I guess as I’m using apps on lg and Sony tv.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There is a Prime Video app for LG that works in Ireland at any rate (Web OS models). Make sure your TV is set to Ireland and you are downloading the right version from the Content Store.

Don’t have any knowledge of Sony’s platform unfortunately.

If you have Sky Q there is a Prime Video app. Alternatively Chromecast or Apple TV might be an option.

Do you get the correct content if you visit PrimeVideo.com on a computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Ok so it looks like my location is set to the uk when I log in on desktop.

Before I switch it to Ireland is there much content or would one be better using a VPN

• Advertisement

Couldn't tell you what differences there are between the 2 but the Irish Prime Video has plenty for my tastes. https://www.justwatch.com/ is good for seeing what shows and movies are streaming where depending on the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Goliath is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

My understanding is that Prime Video in the UK has much more content than we get in Ireland, including additional live sports.

The additional live sports isn't hugely different. In Ireland we get the live tennis and rugby. The only thing we don't get is live Premier League but thats only 2 matchdays during the season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The rugby will be slightly different in that Ireland November international matches will be moving from Channel 4 to Amazon this year but not in Ireland where they’ll remain on RTE. Other nations games will be on Amazon in both countries.

In general, the gap between Irish and U.K. Prime Video has massively closed now, and most new streaming additions are in both markets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The IMDB TV content does not appear to be available in Ireland, at least the tiles I checked.

Advertisement