Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S21 Ultra poor camera quality

Options
  • 03-01-2022 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone come across issues around the Galaxy S21 Ultra poor camera quality got one for Christmas and feel completely disappointed with the image quality across the range including pro modes images are full of noise and back rounds look blurred , similar for videos even in 4k and up videos look worse .

Have all of the latest updates,and I've noticed virgin mobile have stopped selling the s21 ultra all together,

Is there any known fixes or am I stuck with a dud camera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That's very surprising tbh considering the ratings it gets. I've a Note 10 plus and the image quality is great.

Are you sure all defaults are set. Was it second hand? What ways are you using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Brand New on bill pay through virgin who have actually stopped stocking the s21 ultra just a day or two after I picked up mine ,

I've used the camera with default on and off and in pro modes , lenses are clear and clean ,I've done several camera and phone resets and still have the same issues ,Ive read on other forums of people having the exact same issues ,I believe it may have something to do with Samsung using their own inhouse prosessor vs the Snapdragon that shipped in the s21 ultra for the US market ,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Doubt it. The exynos chips on the international verions might be slightly lower performance wise not that you'd really notice versus snapdragon shouldn't be impacting your photos. I've had two international version Samsung Notes and image quality is spot on. You might be on 30 day give back. Maybe it's just a bad device or refurbished?..

The stopped selling it as the S22 is out in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I believe Samsung released a new camera app later last year for the S21 (and presume S22) called Expert RAW camera app. I've seen people singing its praises on Twitter.

It's possibly available on the Galaxy Store. Worth a try.

Edit, here's a read -

Advertisement