Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Genesis Equilibrium size 52

Options
  • 03-01-2022 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm releasing this back into the Boards fold for what I paid for it

€450

Or if you want it in white you can buy one brand new one in cyclesuperstore for €2299.

I bought it for my daughter and she has not used it at all (at all). So, enough is enough, sez I. Bikes need to do miles and earn their keep. Time to make room.

Groupset is 34:50, 10 speed tiagra, frame is in excellent condition. Wheelset is a well used set of aksiums. Tyres are grand, bottle cages are new.

Collection in Dublin.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The board's bike! If I were shorter!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

we should have a meet up of everyone who has owned that bike at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'd like a few words with the ground zero owner who didn't buy it in a 56!!!😁

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭sin_26

Hi

How high is the saddle on the picture (from centre of the bb to the top of the saddle measured along seat tube)? Also whats the distance from top of the saddle to centre of the steerer tube? How high is handlebar (measured vertically from the ground to the centre of handlebars roughly) and finally how tall is your daughter.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

• Advertisement

Ok.

66.5cm

53cm

87cm

169cm

I'm not sure what use any of those measurements are - the saddle can be changed and moved up/down/fore/aft, ditto bars and my daughter has grown since April!You're better off working off an official Genesis Eqm frame geometry chart than my rudimentary tape measures of stuff that is adjustable anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

@sin_26 - Just an FYI, I had a saddle height (from centre of BB to top of saddle) of 74.7cm. As fat bloke has said lots of adjustability from the current set up of the bike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i also cycle a 52cm equilibrium, and am about 172cm tall, and it's a good fit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭sin_26

Thanks for all those measures. These are to check the ballpark as my wife have bike to work and we can mimick your bike setup. She have a long long legs and she is very sensitive to drop. Thats why is so tricky to find something for her. I'll be back home this evening so I'll check it out and let you know.

Thanks

"Íosfaidh mé féin é" arsa an circín beag rua! 😁

I'll eat it myself said little red hen!

Saddle up, just need to move it back a bit. Commute sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dmeehan74

Hi, I’ll offer asking price and I’ll send a pm to arrange to get to you to have a look.

Thanks. .

Sold to the gentleman with impeccable taste. 😎. Best of luck with it dmeehan74.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Remember, if you ever sell it, it has to be done here. Think that's boardso no. 5 or 6 in possession if this bike

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dmeehan74

Thank you fat bloke, I am delighted with it!

Advertisement