Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumping up tyres for free in D15

Options
  • 03-01-2022 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any petrol stations where you can pump up car tyres for free in Dublin 15? Most places seem to charge and I never have cash on me to put into the machine. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The Applegreen in Clonsilla allows you to use card. Getting tyre air was the last reason why I still had a stash of coins on standby but now I don't even need it for that!🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Top tip, buy a 12v powered compressor, can be left in the boot and very handy when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It's pretty scummy to charge for air and water at petrol stations. It was always something provided for free as its the only way most people have to make sure their tyres are at a safe pressure

In non urban areas most petrol stations still provide these for free

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Some people left the equipment out to be driven over, etc. and this costs money to replace when damaged. It is this attitude by some customers which is scummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,539 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Used to be they were always broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Circle K Brady's Service Station on the N3 inbound, just before the Navan Road Parkway off-ramp, has free air and water.

So even if the diesel is a penny or two dearer or the car wash a little more expensive, I'll always buy them there because they care about customers first. Nice fellas work in the shop too.

A lesson for other petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I think I went in there once to pump my tyres. That has an analogue pump, right? Wasn't sure if I was inflating to the right pressure so decided to avoid going in again, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

An air compressor, air lines and nozzle aren't free, the gauges are never calibrated. Businesses have to pay for water. The bigger scummy thing to do was damage the stuff provided for free, which is why garages have had to start charging.

You can buy a foot pump for ~€5, you can buy a 12V pump for ~€15. Then you can check your tyres as often as you want. If you want you can even leave them outside your home for random people to check their tyre pressure, see how long they'll last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

So they charge EXTRA for fuel and car washes, but because they have free air that you will use once every 3 or 4 months saving you ONE euro, you go there all the time.

Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭VonLuck

The price of fuel in the whole D15 area is so much higher than the rest of Dublin. Frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Don't get cheeky with me son.

On occasions they are a little cheaper than others for fuel, on other occasions they are a little more expensive. But always much of a muchness against prices in the general area. I'm saying they are good guys to deal with and they haven't caved in to putting a paid system in for air and water.

Only laughable thing around here is your bizarre and unprovoked ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

might be no harm to get a tyre inflater you plug in to have in case also clonee village is free if you are down that side just outside Dublin 15 .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,539 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

So much hassle getting one working in a garage getting your ownn one is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

The Texaco in Clonee was free, looks like they updated their machine, didnt get a close look but looked like a paid one. I could be wrong.

So bought a machine online, did cost 30 euro but now all my tyres have the same pressure on the dash.

while I was online I also bought 1 thermos flask, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold, so now im back going to work in the office everyday I bring a hot soup and a choc ice in it.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement