Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 2nd January 2022

Options
  • 01-01-2022 6:31pm

Sussex National at Plumpton 2.20. Will have a look at that one anyway and see if I can't find an each way selection or two..

Been looking at some of the single figure ones, and I think I'll avoid most of those, as their recent form/form in general, has seen some good runs at 3m/3m+ , but not much in the line of 3 1/4 mile - or further - form on soft at this level. Race is 3m. 4f. 102yds.

Looks open though and none I can make a solid case for - might go €5 ew on no more (hopefully 😂) than 3 in this...

Will put them up tonight fwiw, as all books should have it priced up at that stage,,.

Comments

2.20 Plumpton

3 picks here..

COUP DE PINCEAU 28/1 Boyles ew

A winner at Taunton in March in a Class 3 chase over 3 1/2m on soft. A few poor runs since, though most were on good ground. Has recently gone to a new trainer, Harriet Brown, where the selection has had just the one run so far. That was at Exeter at 3 miles on soft ground. Never really involved, but only beaten ~20 lengths.. Will call that one a 'factfinding mission'.. Looks an interesting one at prices..

SEASTON SPIRIT 11/1 Boyles ew

Hasn't been pulling up many trees since winning this last year, but win it last year he did. Good enough for me.

GO WHATEVER 8/1 Boyles/PP ew

Not as 'interesting' as I hoped (on account of the prices - thought he'd be bigger) . Only 4 chase runs, and the distance plus going is an unknown. Came second over a bit shorter (3fs or so) at the course lto, but that was on slightly better ground. First time visor may help a bit, has a low weight to carry, and eight yr olds have won this three times in recent years... 8,8,7,7,8 the ages of the last 5 winners.. One of two trainer Chris Gordon has in the race, and I'd be greatly surprised if his other one is involved.

16 runners, so probably books will go 5 places a fifth, and even a non or two shouldn't affect them terms I reckon...

Best of luck, and will hope one of these, at least, is in with a live chance 3 out...

😊

12.45 Ayr

GOLAN CLOUD 5/2 PP, Boyle , win bigger available online. 365 go a respectable 7/2.

Shouldn't be far away. Looks more likely than Goodtimes Badtimes, who's marginal favourite.. Not much value, as should be at least 3s imo.

YOUR PLACE 10/1 ew Nap

Only 5 runs over hurdles, and going the right way. Step up in trip, and soft(heavy) ground look likely to suit. Some onlines go 11s, but either way this mare looks a cracking bet at prices. Feels like a 13/2-7/1 shot to me.

MOONACURA looks interesting, but at 11s gen, maybe a €1 ew bet on this one.. If could get the 16s 365 are going, then the 4yr old could be worth €2.50 ew.

Likely be four places on offer, but as 16 go to post, maybe 5 places; but then again, if it's 4 places a 1/4, and there's a non runner, then only 3 places in this. Either way, I'm really liking YOUR PLACE, and if one can get a good price on this one, I'd definitely recommend getting on this mare if you're only having the one bet.. Enough to take on trust, so not one for lumping on, and I'd consider her a 2pts ew bet from a scale of 1-5pts.

😊 G'luck

edit ps Your Place I reckon is great value from a 'win' perspective, moreso than each way.. 10/1 about right hoping for a place, but a decent win only bet is the cleverer play, and save the ew bit for something else.. default with me is each way at pretty much 90% of horses at an ew price,, Shrewdies be going hard on her win only 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Thanks Leffem I followed you yesterday on our winning Plumpton pick GoWhatever

Thanks Pottokblue ... always nice to get a big Saturday - or Sunday even - winner ! 😊

Got nowt for today and probably tomorrow too, but I rarely don't chuck em up... Will hope to throw many darts and find many many winners in 2022 😎

Come on Bully Boy !! He throws many darts and has a very impressive strike rate at hitting target,,, An inspiration he is 😁

Advertisement