Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland - Unable to log in to account, widespread issue

Options
  • 29-12-2021 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I called electric ireland the other day and they said there was a known issue. When I try to log in it is like I have forgotten password and I am locked out. The reset password link is not generating the necessary email.

Is this impacting everyone? No notice on the website seems odd if so. It is odd that the issue remains unresolved after at least 1 or 2 weeks - have electric ireland been hacked and locked out?

😎

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭ongarite

No issues with my account, just checked now.

Try this link to login

https://youraccountonline.electricireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Good to know. Link gets me to the login but login failed. No email received to reset password.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭wench

Working fine here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

No issues logging in on my account (on Chrome)

Might be a specific issue with a few users or maybe with a specific browser version but making a catastrophe query of hacking is a little far fetched.

Some websites cannot be accessed with old versions of Explorer

Hi Silver, yes fair. The agent I spoke with said there was issues with login for several days. I understood it was widespread. But judging by the few replies here it is an isolated, so yes very likely to be a minor technical issue not anything sinister!

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Use a different browser.

They were working today and sorted it.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Is it down again? Keeps saying "Error, please try again." today.

Update: Yes, their chat says:

"We have been experiencing issues with our online billing systems at present. We hope to have this issue corrected as soon as possible. I recommend trying to log-in again later today."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I just logged in - no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got that message earlier (6am) when I tried to log in on mobile.

It's working on both mobile and desktop now, they obviously sorted whatever glitch it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 asdf99999

I have the same issue as the original poster ie

The reset password link is not generating an email

Post edited by asdf99999 on

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭vinniem

Cannot log into account this morning, does not even recognise my email now.. Anybody else have this issue today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I was forced to update my password this morning.

Post edited by accensi0n on

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

So was I yesterday. They now require 10 or more characters, and my previous one had the then minimum of 8 - maybe that was the reason. It didn't work as the current password from which to change, but the Lost/Forgotten password thing got round that.

More fun and games with several new 10-character passwords declared invalid, because I didn't realise that the hint to use lower and uppercase letters and numbers also meant 'no other characters'. It took me a while to suspect that (my old one had symbols as well as letters & numbers).

Adding my new bank's debit card there went ok, but paying the bill was another matter, though that may have been down to lack of indoor mobile signal (plus verification texts taking random amounts of time to arrive, and valid only 5 minutes!).

Guess I can always drive to a post office to pay it, weather permitting (assuming we can with online billing?) I'll try other things first though (making sure the old card's deleted, using Firefox, registering E.E. as a payee).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭micar

I've been having same issue.

I've requested a password reset multiple time but I'm not getting any email

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭vinniem

I'd the same issue earlier this week, said password incorrect, then could not reset as said my email not valid! Eventhough this is the only email I've ever used with EI. So had to contact them (forget phoning them as they are a disaster)... Used the Web text, when I eventually got through they were able to send a reset password email to my invalid email address 🤔 CS levels leave alot to be desired!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Oh dear - seems I was exceptionally lucky to get the reset email!

I used my laptop to access the E.E.website, at the same time as phone for authentication (makes this type of thing easier, especially with email syncing between them). But I can't think of any other possible difference from anyone else.

Trying another browser seems to be a stock Help suggestion everywhere, but I can't remember ever finding that was the answer (well, maybe 15 or 20 years ago....). I was simply using Chrome in my (Windows) laptop (the default), and ditto in Android phone. But I have read recently of a few website problems where Firefox got round it for somebody.

Post edited by Fogmatic on

Advertisement