Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 30th December 2021

Options
  • 29-12-2021 5:41pm

Getting thread started early, in case some are inspired, but are perhaps too lazy not allowed to start one.. 😂

One I like, and if the price is right, he's worth a fiver..

1.00 Haydock BUSHYPARK

One of Phil Kirby's leading lights, and has had a fairly successful hurdling career, albeit a division or so below the top level.. One chase start and one victory in that code.. Will like the heavy going tomorrow, and may well jump them silly from the front.. The 7yr old is a course winner from back in February over hurdles, on similar going, and at a similar trip. #Will likely try and lead.. Is the most likely winner, but by no means a cert. Too early for prices, but if 2s (2/1 be fair - anything north of that be 'value' imo) or bigger are available tomorrow, he's worth a punt..

Of the books that have it priced up atm, most are going 9/4, but 365 (who are normally best price) are cowering going 7/4.. Early days though, and it's not often I do be checking the prices of a Class 3 Chase this early, on the day before...

#A few of these can lead, but will probably take a lead from the selection, who rarely races any other way. He could put them to the sword, and have it sewn up 3 out 😅 - if only it were that easy..

☺️

Comments

Only the one bet for me tomorrow - Only The Bold in the 15.30 at Taunton...at those weights I'll have a nibble at 8/1.

That Haydock card is a gambler's graveyard. I could make a spirited case for most horses in each of those races.

Pretty much every race is a case of which name you like best.

Should be some great racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Can't fathom the price of Mythical Madness first race at wolv today. He's down to his lowest ever mark of 66. He is not the horse he was but he won a pair of handicaps as recently as July off marks of 71 and under a penalty. He has been ridden in his last four starts by a seven pound claimer who has ridden one winner and Jason Watson takes over. He's in a class six down from a class four and has three course and distance wins. He ticks plenty of boxes and 14s is well worth chancing

Bushypark a distant third 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wolv 7:00 Bit of a punt, but I don't think Makyon is anywhere near as terrible as the 50/1 that he's available at today. Rated as high as 96 for Mark Johnston just 2 years ago, it's now bottom weight today in a poor class 6 and maybe just showed a little sign of life that it could be competitive at this sort of level.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

To cover my bet on this one, I've backed Obsidian Knight at 7/4 in the 4:30. Very short, but was seriously impressive on debut against decent opposition (should have won). Will come on from the run and go in today.

• Advertisement

5.30 Wolves LINCOLN DREAM 16/1 Boyles ew

Hot Diggity Dog looking the likeliest of this bunch on form @ 11/4, and shouldn't be far away, but I feel Lincoln Dream has sound ew claims based on a few of her runs. Looks fairly priced - she does need to settle though. First run at the course as well. Would have her priced at about 12s meself.. Some online books go 18s.

7.30 Wolves RIVAS ROB ROY 80/1 Lads ew NAP

Shouldn't be the rank outsider here. Hard to know what to expect, but he's a course winner over slightly further, has won three times this year including that course win, and his other two wins this year have come elsewhere at slightly shorter trips. Give him the nap on principle...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I had this one in my notebook too but changed my mind to Meganseighteen.

Has a chance on form,, didn't back any today (for a change - indoors watching the darts 😊) Will hope mine runs a good race anyhow.

Good luck with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

7:00 Wolves - River Chorus for me 8/1, if we forgive her last two runs she got very creditable CD 2nd here last time and is almost on the same terms today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement