Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU 261 Compensation

Options
  • 29-12-2021 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Had a 7 hour flight delay with Iberia the week before Christmas.

We pushed back, start valve shat itself on engine #1 and we returned to stand.

Flight was disembarked and we were left at the gate for 7 hours until a rescue aircraft arrived.

In the interim as the delay was creeping in 1 or 2 hour intervals and I had to travel for business , I bought a ticket with Ryanair and boarded that flight 2 hours before my initial one was due to leave.

My Iberia ticket was a business class fare and I missed a subsequent flight (which was bought on a separate ticket so not a connection per se)

I sought a refund for the business class fare and any EU 261 combo due.

I received this generic response :

"We appreciate that this caused you inconvenience during your trip. Punctuality is one of our top priorities and we invest our utmost efforts every day into ensuring that our flights arrive on time. This depends on our own actions but also on external factors, whose repercussions we always strive to minimise.

In your case, our operation was limited by circumstances beyond our control. For this reason, and in accordance with EU261/2004, we are not able to offer you any compensation.

We apologise for the incident, and we trust that you will have a satisfactory experience the next time you fly with us."

Kind regards, 

Customer Relations

My question to the boardsies is how do I proceed to escalate this?

I see there are companies online who will chase the EU 261 combo on your behalf. Are they reputable and effective?

All advice welcome.

Comments

Advertisement