Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google TV

Options
  • 27-12-2021 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Is anyone able to get RTE player working on Google TV, the new Chromecast?

Comments

Yes, works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

I can't find the app in the Google tv search. Any tips? Can you get the NOW tv app also?

Open the Google Play Store (use voice) and search there. I don't see a NowTV app

Thanks found it! Not sure why it didn't work yesterday.

Can't find NowTV either. Any idea how to watch Succession?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

NowTv isn't available officially the GoogleTv chromecast. Your options are to download NowTv app to your phone and cast from it or to sideload the NowTV apk.

https://chromecastappstips.com/now-tv-on-chromecast-with-google-tv/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭piplip87

Use send files to TV.

Download Send Files to TV on both your phone and Chromecast.

Download the now TV APK from a site like APK Mirror. Do not install on your phone.

Go to send files to TV on your phone, click send, find the APK and click send to TV.

On your Chromecast open the Send Files app, click receive and the app should be there just click it, give it permission to install and the app should be there.

This works with any app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi all - I know this thread is a bit old but I just got a Sony with Google TV.

I've installed the RTE player and Virgin Media player and neither of them will stream - they start fine and you can see all the shows but they just won't stream the programmes.

Any ideas ? Or are they working for others here ?

Thanks!

Advertisement