Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screen mirroring to non smart tv with data

• 27-12-2021 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm looking to screen mirror my android Samsung S8 phone to a non smart LG tv.

The tv has hdmi ports and one usb port so I imagine a dongle of some sorts.

I'm also looking to use cellular data as I have no wifi.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance...

Post edited by doh777 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Android TV Box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭doh777

Ok. Thanks for that. Sounds good.

Any recommendations on which type if there are types?

And definitely don't need wifi? The data from the phone is enough?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I will add a question if i may... I was trying to play something from my smartphone through a saorview box. When connect a usb the tv can see the devise. However when i connect the smartphone and press menu the smartphone is not seen... phone Huawei...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭doh777

And, if you know, the miracast or chromcast dongles won't work? Looking to keep things cheap and cheerful as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

if you don't have WiFi, you'd have to use your phone as a hotspot so the chromecast has a network to connect to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I might be wrong , but think all them have/should WiFi. Once you have no other internet connection means except phone - this would be one of main feature you pay attention before buy.

Advertisement