Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Disney+ on AppleTV

• 27-12-2021 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

When I watch a movie or episode on the Disney+ app on my AppleTV they don’t get marked as watched and get stuck in the Continue Watching list. I always let the credits run or else drag the progress to the end.

I thought the iPhone app was also affected however it was simply showing the same list as the TV - if I finish the movie or episode on the phone it shows as watched on the AppleTV.

If I start a movie or a show that I have not watched before and let it finish completely they just get added to the Continue Watching list and show as not watched (show full time as remaining). The problem is not just the Continue Watching list - if I watch an episode the TV show details page show it as unwatched.

It affects all profiles on the account. However it seems to be just my AppleTV that is affected - my sister has an AppleTV and uses my Disney+ subscription and her profile is properly finishing movies.

AppleTV OS is up to date and I have tried offloading the app, deleting the app, restarting the AppleTV and even a factory reset.

Anyone else having this problem or had it in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Netflix had not not been up dating the Continue Watching list either.

I started an episode of Schitt’s Creek the other night but was interrupted and noticed it didn’t add to the Continue list until the following morning. The list is up dating now but it isn’t updating all the items on the list.

and my iPhone is showing a different order to it - I don’t know if that is common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Same issue happens for me on the SkyQ Disney+ App

When did this start happening for you?

Can you please report it to Disney+ customer support.

So far I’m the only person to contact about it.

Already have. Bugs me to no end. Funnily enough it doesn’t happen for me on the PlayStation’s Disney+ app though

Weird one that happens a bit for me on Apple TV’s Disney+ app is starting a show and the sound being silent so having to shut down Apple TV and turn it back on

when did it start giving problems for you? From the sounds of it has going on for you for a longer then for me.

I’m not getting sound issues and everything was fine until this business in last few days with the tvOS app not marking videos as watched.

Disney+ customer support went through a lot of troubleshooting with me and came to the conclusion it is my IP address - I don’t understand so I can’t explain it here however I wrote it down for my internet provider.

Netflix and Prime Video are also giving problems but not exactly the same.

I updated the tvOS on Christmas Eve this problem only became known to me on Sunday so I suppose the update could have affected the router or something.

Can’t do anymore until tomorrow when internet provider reopen support.

• Advertisement

I’d say it’s been an issue for me always on SkyQ (6 months)

Not an issue on PlayStation for me

The IP address excuse is a bizarre one.

Its more likely Disney should check with Apple/Sky to see if there’s some underlying issue

I have spoken to two support agents and they in turn to supervisors and the one today to a tech support team.

I am the first to report this as far as they know.

It would be a big coincidence if this wasn’t a result of the software update somehow, especially with Netflix and Prime not correctly updating their Continue Watching list properly.

According the Disney+ agent my AppleTV is using a private IP address and he was surprised I could stream anything at all. I couldn’t understand his explanation of it and I did call Apple to see if they could explain it but somehow I went through a half hour phone with Apple support not telling me anything about a private IP address.

Advertisement