Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas troubleshooting!

Options
  • 25-12-2021 1:36pm

I bet Santa has delivered a lot of Xbox Series S/X last night, having trouble? Post here and if I see it before someone else I’ll try help you out or someone else can! Might help with localised problems and some folks may be experiencing the same problem as a few others which would help expedite resolution!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Xbox series x won't connect to wifi. I'm entering the right password. Tried resetting router, no joy. It's a virgin media hub 3.0

Are you able to try wired? If so does it work? I’m not with virgin anymore but when I was I had no issues connecting on a series s so I’d nearly bet it’s a virgin issue, might be worth checking router settings or contacting virgin media.

Router is on a different floor so I can't try wired. Xbox seemed very sluggish when I first turned it on. I had to restart it twice for the list of wireless networks to even show up. Mobile set up wouldn't work either.

Hmm could be another issue try a factory reset there may have been a bit of an issue when setting up that might explain the problem. Trying to think otherwise there may be a problem with the WiFi card, but the system running sluggish overall wouldn’t be caused by that in fairness.

Can't do a factory reset I can't even get past the set up menu

• Advertisement

Finally got it to connect using mobile setup after resetting the box six times. Thanks for your help anyway.

Advertisement