Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 in review

Options
  • 24-12-2021 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭

Covid aside, how did 2021 go?

Started not too bad, celebrated a significant birthday just after level 5 ended. Some small but positive changes at work too which are not significant now bit will lead to better things in the medium term future.

All went nicely until the start of September when a long term medical condition I have basically took a shït in my face having been doing really well for years. Still dealing with the fallout from that looking into next year. but on the plus side, I was able to go back to work after a month thanks to more support from work than I could ask for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Welcomed our second daughter in 2021 after our first in 2020.

Completed a masters degree in 2021.

Life's been mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

2021 was pretty ****, actually on closer inspection it was mightily ****.

Anway, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Family wise all is good, unlike the last few years with the deaths of people very close to me and various other dramas. We've a mobile home by the sea, so it was a lifesaver to be able to decamp to there for most of July and August. Eldest daughter started secondary school and loves it. My two youngest kids tested positive for Covid on Tuesday, but they're not sick at all, and the rest of us haven't got it. Being stuck in the house and no visitors has scuppered some of the Christmas plans, but we've an absolute ton of food and goodies in, Santa is all sorted, so it'll work out ok.

My wife is in the middle of doing her second masters (as well as working full time), so things have been a bit full on as all the cooking, cleaning and shopping for a family of 5 falls on me (also working full time), but I've become kind of zen about it.

Work wise, I managed to steer my team though a lot of very disruptive changes (a complete change of process and technology, a complete shift on the clients we're working on, some very major personal upheavals for some individuals on the team, new team members that had to be on-boarded remotely), and we've all come out the other side actually feeling optimistic for the year ahead. Our company has been really good and accommodating. I couldn't ask for more on that front.

A couple of little things I did during the year - too insignificant to even mention - have brought me some personal happiness. Turns out, I'm easily pleased 😆

There was some bad things happened too, but I do my best not to dwell on them.

All in all, 2021 gets a 6.5 out of 10. Not quite "A+++++ would live again", but also not looking for a refund.

In a word, ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Robot overlords and billionaires taking over the world

Dystopian science fiction world becoming reality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I finally got my toenail removed after waiting for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

If this posts gets 10 likes, can we all agree not to look back on sh1t until the P is over.

Advertisement