Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Hollystown 2 SHD' - Lands at Hollystown/Kilmartin

Options
  • 23-12-2021 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Glenveagh Homes Ltd are seeking a 10 year planning permission for a SHD (strategic housing development) at the lands near the current bellingsmore development. They have submitted an application to both fingal cc and an bord pleanala - reference number for abp 312271

Website for SHD: https://hollystown2shd.ie all information and proposed housing layouts are on there. Reports etc.

401 Houses

147 Apartments/duplexes

2 Creches.

I think it would have been nice to see this development as houses only just like the Hollywoodrath development. In the plans, it looks like the apartments are overlooking some of the gardens... but overall it looks nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

That how it's look now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Viewings should be possible soon hopefully. A unique building design. Roof top gardens are interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Crocosmia

It seems these are not for sale. The curtain fittings and furniture are going in so probably to rent although Glenveagh are now advertising for sale a new development between this one and Bellingsmore called Kilmartin Grove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Yes seems they won't go for sale. Pity. But I do see they have christened this new estate 'Wilkinson's Brook' and there is a couple of web pages dedicated to the design by the artchitect/designers proctorandmatthews.com/project/wilkinsons-brook

Really love the concept for that little estate. Shared courtyards in front of houess instead of roads is a win in my opinion.

Kilmartin Grove looks a bit more generic Glenveagh estate https://glenveagh.ie/developments/kilmartin-grove

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The roads are 'shared (with cars)'. While the goal is that motorists slow down as they are very close to pedestrians, that often does not happen. Riverwood estate in Carpenterstown has many roads where the footpaths disappear. The drivers still act like they own the road.

That said, I do like that there are plenty of pedestrian access points. Annfield/Fernleigh in Carpenterstown is similar in this respect - it must be great for children playing chasing games.

The virtual tour house in Kilmartin Grove looks really small. The "stone's throw from Dublin city centre" is a laugh - who is throwing this stone, Finn MacCool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I suppose they have the bus going to Broombridge Luas right outside so access to the city is not the worse.

Re. the streets there, it'll just take one dick household to start using the pedestrian ways for parking because it's convenient to **** it all up, but otherwise it does look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Photos from December 2023, now this houses are done and they are building much more.

Advertisement