Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Fuel Stove & Carbon Monoxide

Options
  • 22-12-2021 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

We have been lighting this stove every night but yesterday the door became very stiff and hard to close without force. We got it closed and lit the fire as usual with smokeless coal and soft wood logs. The fire eventually went out about midnight. About 2am, the carbon monoxide alarm that was in the next room went off. I opened windows to air room and didn't sleep a wink in case of poisoning. I've rang so many stove guys today but because of Christmas, I can't get anybody. Any advice please? Why can't I close the door without force? Would this be the reason for carbon monoxide? The stove is through the wall with a silver pipe outside.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement