Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I have been meaning to do this thread for a while. In fact ever since

Options
  • 22-12-2021 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I seen a full night moon last week. Anyway do you think the moon will look different when there is a million people living on it. I myself think it will mostly look the same unless you are looking at it through a telescope then it will be different but also think we-are a century or two from having a million people living on the moon. Still we really are lucky at how beautiful it looks in the sky now when we can see it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Why would a million people live on it? I predict a Futurama-esque attitude towards the moon when we inevitably colonise outside Earth; it's just a big dumb rock. Like, people will live there, but why a million?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Poor craters, living on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭HBC08

I hope everyone who starts a sentence with "So" gets sent to the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

If we had free trade instead of EU protectionism even the poorest could afford a decent telescope. Sadly Germany must have their industry protected.

EXPORTS

In 2019 the top exporters of Binoculars and Telescopes  were China ($426M), United States ($245M), Germany ($123M), Switzerland ($77.6M), and Austria ($73.7M).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I should get the sole license to sell alcohol and golf on the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It won't be colonising humans that change the look of the moon; the real danger is the inevitable mice that travel with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Allinall

I caught an inevitable mouse the other day. Huge it was.

Much bigger than the evitable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,715 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Evitable is a real word, one which belongs to a group known as the Lost Positives. Other examples, and there are probably hundreds Ept (Inept), Shevelled (Dishevelled), Kempt (Unkempt), Ruth (Ruthless). The negatives senses of these words have remained in common usage, whereas the positives have gone out of fashion.

evitable

/ˈɛvɪtəb(ə)l/

Learn to pronounce

adjective RARE

1. able to be avoided or prevented; avoidable.
    2. "unfortunately, complexity isn't always evitable"

Advertisement