Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephen's Day Sunday 26th December 2021 - King George Day.

Options
  • 21-12-2021 6:29pm

🎄🎄🎄

Getting thread started early doors. Decs in Thursday I think (72 hours for this particular day's racing if I'm not mistaken)..

11 meetings scheduled to take place with Down Royal, Limerick, and Leopardstown this side of the sea, and eight across t'pond..

Megan was very bullish about Clan Des Obeaux's chances in t'feature at Kempton, in recent days, when she were on Racing TV, and her daddy's charge is currently vying for favouritism with Minella Indo, with the former a best priced 11/4, and the Irish raider best priced @ 3/1..

Hopefully all of the meetings will go ahead. Too early to have any picks yet....

Will be nice to make a few bob anyway if we goes to the bookies... will hope they're open anyhow 😁

Merry Christmas to all those who post on or follow the racing threads 😊 🎄

Comments

I'm liking the cut of Chantry House in the King George.

All aboard at 11/2.

Happy Christmas to you and yours too, Leffesem 🎅🐎

Thanks H2DPB 😊

To you and yours aswell, Festive Greetings 🍬 🐎

I actually just noticed that maybe that's a capital i at the start of your username and not an L haha

It's an 'L' - meant it to be in caps , but 2late to change it now 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Fancy asterion forlonge - was going well in John durkan until he fell .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Morris Garren

A bit like these covid numbers and vaccine jabs, It's Only A Number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

The post count on this thread is some indicator as to how this site has suffered since it’s ‘rebranding’. Any other year it would have been alight with horsey chat and tips. Terrible to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

iconic Muddle 12s 1:20 Kempton

windosr avenue 7s 2:10 Wetherby

Britzka 6s 1:10 Leop

lieteutenant command 7s 2:40 Limerick

Starting off with this lucky 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Absolutely, the Cheltenham WhatsApp group didn't help either.

Small ew on these few...

Princess T 1.28 Wincanton 14/1

Dark Pine 4.10 Wolverhampton 15/2

Demi Sang 3.20 Wetherby 11/1

Who's In The Box 2.15 Market Rasen 9/1

Sheriff Garrett 2.00 Sedgefield 8/1

All with 'Spoils'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Exit to the west 2.08 Limerick

Bravemansgame/Epatante small odds double.

King George Kempton 3.05

I think Frodon will be out the places, as a couple (at least) like to get on with it, in the shape of Chantry House and Mister Fisher; so Bryony might not like the attention on Frodon. Not so sure about Minella Indo, on what looks like soft ground, at this level. Asterion Forlonge is another that doesn't appeal on the ground, for me.

Will go each way on SAINT CALVADOS @ 22/1, who is a recent recruit to the Paul Nicholls' stable. Should like the ground, which appears to be getting softer, and is pretty unexposed at the trip, with a fourth position on good to soft in last year's renewal, and an unseat over 3m on heavy on his most recent outing in February..

Very open race, and I can't pick a winner. Would be leaning towards CLAN DES OBEAUX @ 7/2, who won this 2 years ago on soft.

Ground is now 'soft all over' at Kempton..

Goes in the 2.33 DR... About 9/4 gen and marginal 2nd fav.. Think he wants a bit further meself.. Haven't looked at any of the rest of them though.. GL Morris.

No bet in the next, but Tritonic looks interesting @ 4s . A recent winner, a C & D winner on good, and should like the soft ground here. Epatante surely the one to beat however.

Ruby's not seeing a frontrunner here, it seems. I think Frodon will go on, and, unlike Rupert, I reckon something will take Frodon on..

Didn't venture down bookies to do my two picks.. Too lazy 😋 Should be a good watch anyhow.

My Chantry House Gold Cup bet isn't looking too hot after that. Didn't jump a lick.

Facile Vega in the last at Leopardstown at evens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭kksaints

Strange race. Leaders went off too fast and it fell into pieces for Tornado Flyer. Wouldn't be relying on that result for future form. One thing I'd say was that Minella Indo ran very poorly and was beaten too far out to have faith in next time out.

Me cousin has a grand on Legal Rights at Fontwell.

He has some pluck! He battled on well at the end, and gritted it out well - was nip and tuck.. Will he get best price with that sorta coin, 'your cousin' 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Poor king George

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Asterian Forlange is Yorkhill mark 2. Has tons of ability but is likely to do anything. Jumping was much straighter today but when the pace increased at the last made a balls of it. Such a pity because I think he would have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He wasn't going to win, comfortable second, made a right mess of the jump.

Advertisement