Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 C4 grand Picasso 1.6 Hdi sound deadening foams around injectors

Options
  • 21-12-2021 6:03pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, as a result of an injector giving up the ghost a few days ago, and throwing the vehicle into limp mode on the M18, I've had the whole set out, had them tested, and the vehicle is back running again with appropriate replacements as needed. Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to get replacements for the 2 (expensive) lumps of very grotty foam that are around the injectors, the one below the pipes was in bits, and not reusable, the larger upper one is back on, albeit with some bits missing. In all honesty, I can't tell a significant difference in the noise from the engine, so are these lumps of foam worth replacing at some stage, or is there another reason for having them there that's not noise related?

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement