Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Smokers Simple?

Options
  • 21-12-2021 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I gave my housemate friend an ashtray to encourage her not to drop her cigarette butt outside the house. What does she do? Drop the cigarette butt outside the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

simple for choosing to take up that habit

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Don't care if they smoke. Care if they drop butts outside the house.

In general smokers don't know where the bin is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭daheff

shes not simple, just no manners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I ask myself the same question when clicking on any a thread

Smokers are jokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,844 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Smokers don't recognise butts as litter, they think they biodegrade or the birds come along to eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A difference between being simple and not caring op.

To tell you an interesting story this thread made me remember. I once knew a bloke YEARS ago who hated people littering. Be it a can of coke or a cigarette or anything else. He hated it. He'd even pick up a can and put it in a bin after someone dropped it on the ground. A nice chap right?

Same chap was sleeping with some guys girlfriend.

I see them dropping the plastic from the fag box near a bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Smokers - the world is my ashtray!

• Advertisement

I did say the thread reminded me of that person. I decided to share the story.

But I tell you what.... since you just went "and?" ... what do you want op? Don't you think the time and effort it took to create a thread on boards could have been used better to go to this person and say "could you please just use the ashtray and not drop butts outside the house. Thanks"

Or rather than do that you wanted to call smokers simple so other people will validate your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Plot twist: the other guy was one of his other split personalities. So the girl was both cheating and not cheating on him at the same time.

I shall steal your story idea and pass it off as my own Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Go forth and be the M Night Shylamalamalamaman of the romcom genre

• Registered Users Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If he was single then that's not his problem........... All he was doing was "picking" up the other fellas "trash"

(yeah yeah, "trash" works better in this context than "rubbish")

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

I knew a CEO of a well established company who'd stand outside have a smoke, then he'd flick it into the shrubbery, he'd expect the landscape garden contractor to pick them out.

We still laugh about the fact that the company went up in metaphorically speaking... up in smoke a few years later...

An intelligent idiot he was, a shifty fecker, always gingling the key's and pocket change in his pockets... smoking and looking like he's in trouble again.

The lads on the floor who went on ciggie breaks would stub the buts into the ashtray screwed to the wall....

It was the summer of 93, working for a landscaper and the boss if I met him would say, remember the time yer man used to flick his cigarette into the box hedging and a year later the company folded... went up in smoke lol I still laugh about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Long time smoker here but I don't litter, I tend to flick the smoke at someone, touched them last so it's not my problem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Generational habit I suppose. Nobody cared back in the day when smoking was "cool" or prescribed. Then the movie stars made it look cool, with both their forms of flicking. And just like smoking, habits are hard to break. @whisky_galore the birds don't eat them, silly. They use them in their nests as a form of pesticide. Allegedly.

I'm off the rollies a couple of weeks now. Two week chest infection made that choice, and while I still puts a bit of tobacco into my spliffs, I'm already feeling the benefits again. But I know myself it'll only take another blow in life and I'll be back on them. Just a matter of when.

Advertisement