Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Holts Metal Bandage

Options
  • 20-12-2021 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi folks, looking for some advice re broken exhaust, driving from Galway to Waterford, when I started to sound like a racer at the weekend. On inspection broken exhaust pipe 1 to 2 inches behind cat.

Not a great couple of weeks for trying to get someone to look at car, saw Holts metal bandage on line,

1. Has anyone used it, any good
    2. Anyone know estimated cost proper repair
    3. Is it likely to add to the difficulty repairing properly later the Holts bandage.
    4. Any recommendations or availability around Waterford city for this type of job

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

You could bring it to an exhaust shop I'm sure they could fix it for you for a reasonable price.

I would say all you need is an exhaust clamp to join the 2 broken pieces.

Alternatively if you want to have a go yourself, ChrisFix has an indepth video about exhaust repair it's worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Used something similar on a bike before and it worked temporarily. Granted, the bike was noisier than a car so I don't know how much it tamed the sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 theWebAdvisor

Thanks folks tried a couple of places for welding, say its going to be a long day!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 theWebAdvisor

Better look this morning, its actually gone at the join of the middle box so probably a replacement.

Advertisement