Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Notorious Criminals

Options
  • 18-12-2021 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭

Ladies/gentlemen I was wondering if you could help? I’m currently writing a book on famous criminals and was wondering if you could think of one and why they entered your head….everyone will be acknowledged in the book. Hope all is well…would love to have another night/weekend soon. Regards to all families and friends! ❤️❤️❤️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cafflingwunts

boards is so **** now

(i did have something typed but yeah **** you boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Bonnie and Clyde

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Allinall

I’ll give you three.

Alias, Smith and Jones.

Jarry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Jack the Ripper, don't know why, but when I hear the likes of "notorious criminals", always first to pop into my head, followed by Pablo Escobar and Jeffrey Dahmer.

Or to stay closer to home - the Black Widow, or Geoffrey Evans and John Shaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Michael Martin or Leo. Ripping off the Irish Public for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭billyhead

Ted Bundy.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fagin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Barabbas.

The successful popular campaign to release this convicted criminal, who is described in Matthew 27:16 as a “notorious prisoner”, had a significant impact on the course of Western and indeed world history.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Freddie Mcinerney

Richardsons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

The general, Martin Cahill.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

Robin Hood, prince of thieves by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nidge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Connor McGregor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Vasily Mikhailovich Blokhin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ned Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Gary Leon Ridgway, also known as the Green River Killer, is an American serial killer. He was initially convicted of 48 separate murders.

Dennis Lynn Rader is an American serial killer known as BTK, the BTK Strangler or the BTK Killer. Between 1974 and 1991, Rader killed ten people in Wichita and Park City, Kansas, and sent taunting letters to police and newspapers describing the details of his crimes.

The Zodiac Killer is the pseudonym of a serial killer who operated in Northern California in the late 1960s. The case has been described as the most famous unsolved murder case in American history, becoming a fixture of popular culture and inspiring amateur detectives to attempt to resolve it.

Big list here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_in_the_United_States.

In Ireland

Malcolm Daniel Edward McArthur, now 56, has served 20 years of a life sentence for the murder of Nurse Bridie Gargan, who was bludgeoned to death as she sunned herself in Dublin's Phoenix Park during a work break. Three days later he murdered a farmer, Mr Donal Dunne, in Co Westmeath.

And

The Shankill Butchers were an Ulster loyalist gang—many of whom were members of the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF)—that was active between 1975 and 1982 in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It was based in the Shankill area and was responsible for the deaths of at least 23 people, most of whom were killed in sectarian attacks. The gang was notorious for kidnapping, torturing and murdering random or suspected Catholic civilians; each was beaten ferociously and had their throat hacked with a butcher's knife. Some were also tortured and attacked with a hatchet. The gang also killed six Ulster Protestants over personal disputes, and two other Protestants mistaken for Catholics.

Most of the gang were eventually caught and, in February 1979, received the longest combined prison sentences in United Kingdom legal history. However, gang leader Lenny Murphy and his two chief "lieutenants" escaped prosecution. Murphy was murdered in November 1982 by the Provisional IRA, likely acting with loyalist paramilitaries who perceived him as a threat.[1] The Butchers brought a new level of paramilitary violence to a country already hardened by death and destruction.[2] The judge who oversaw the 1979 trial described their crimes as "a lasting monument to blind sectarian bigotry".

Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_major_crimes_in_Ireland#1980s

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

Carl Ponzram , he was a fecking lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Paul Le Roux.

He was a computer programmer accused of stealing source code from his employer and releasing it as the open source program, now discontinued, E4M (Encryption for the masses).

He then diversified into some other fields. Interesting character by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

In Ireland, it has to be the man who stole billions and is directly responsible for numerous deaths around the country.

Sean Fitzpatrick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Thanks so much for everyone’s contributions. I really appreciate it. Do people differentiate good and bad criminals to determine notoriety?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

McArthur is closer to seventy six than fifty six , those murders happened circa 1981

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭enricoh

Collier the robber - legend!

Bertie "Testicles" Ahern and his devious accomplice "Paddy The Plasterer"

Robin jackson and billy wright,must be up there surely for notarity

Christy kinihan......built up from nothing,one of biggest drug organisations in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭trashcan

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭HorseSea

Shan Nohangi - The Green Tureen.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭HorseSea

Can't edit posts anymore. ARGH. Misspelling.

Shan Mohangi - The Green Tureen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,128 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

There are three dots on the top right of your post. You can edit away to your heart's content

Advertisement