Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Eclipse. I can not believe there is no thread here on this.

• 15-12-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Its a new Star wars game. It looks amazing. I had no idea what it was at first honestly. I actually thought it was a new film at first.

https://youtu.be/4cJpiOPKH14

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The game studio involved last made a game called Detroit Become Human.

It was a real choose your own tale type story with a wide range of paths possible to get through and lots of different endings ranging from feel good to feel miserable to downright dark and horrifying... and everything in between.

I'd say they could bring a lot to the Star Wars universe with that approach. People playing light ending up Jedi (or beyond) maybe or people playing Dark ending up Sith (again or beyond) etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What platform was this game you speak of on? I might try it. It sounds good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

All of em by now I think. First released to XBox and Playstation but released on PC a while after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I know we only saw cinematic scenes but it looks lovely.

Hoping to see a lit of new designs and few new ships.

there seems to be a galactic conflict and as far as I know High Republic is also about an interstellar war - but in the Prequels didn’t Palpatine say he wouldn’t be the first Chancellor in 1,000 to lead the Republuc to war?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,022 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From their official site there is still no announcement of which platforms this will run on

Seems likely it will drop on PS/Xbox/PC. It doesn't look as though what they're gunning for will be capable on the Switch.

I'm willing to safely bet that the graphics will not be as jaw dropping as the pre-rendered trailer but I will assume they're trying to aim for an are able to achieve even better photorealism and cinematic emulation as they were for other titles like Jedi: Fallen Order, which can achieve striking realism on a high end gaming system. Fallen Order would be the bare minimum expectation in terms of quality, which shares many resemblances to Star Citizen etc. in terms of visual fidelity and attention to detail.

Count me as interested if it's not a console exclusive.

I think the detroit game must've been a hog for resources and developer time and that's the closest I can understand their delay to bringing it to PC. Seemed like XBox and PS were the ones they could get it going on earliest... or .. if I'm being honest.. probably it was their best chance to make money.. then they could devote developer time/money to bring it to PC.

Now what disney/star wars can bring to that table .. I dunno... but I have the impression they don't get heavily involved in the developer side of the games.. that they leave that up to the companies. I wonder does ILM ever help out the companies or even if they could be compatible.

Advertisement