Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E90 abs Fault

Options
  • 14-12-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Getting this fault when I scanned my car abs light coming on which sensor is it it doesn't say on scan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

I replaced the so called faulty glow plug but am still getting this error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

This link may help with the first code.

https://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/threads/fault-code.418994/

A Google of code 40E9 mentions EGR controller, so I would think there's an issue with the EGR solenoid. However I've done a search for that code here, someone mentions replacing EGR and all seemed well afterwards

Sorry, I know sweet F-A about BMWs but I hope this offers some assistance.

Thanks

Problem solved pulled the rear left sensor put a scope in hub to find this with wear on sensor .I have replaced sensor & no fault s showing now. I used a small copper washer as spacer on new sensor to stop it happening again I saw this trick online .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

The tip of the sensor must have been making contact with the ABS ring so, good idea to use the washer, glad all was sorted and not expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement