Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rexton 2.7 4x4 Transfer Box Mystery

Options
  • 14-12-2021 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hello,

I have perfect 4x4 in High, but when I put it into 4x4 Low it only works in reverse!!! Front axle not engaging in any forward gear in 4L. Jeep has front locking hubs, so no problem there. Can't be broken chain or fork in transfer box either, because in 4H everything working as it should. And no noises or rattles or vibration. Was fine last time I used 4L. And first time this 2006 Rexton has ever put a foot wrong.

Any ideas anyone? BTW no warning dash lights either. Don't have OBD Scanner for it.

Advertisement