Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulsar Thermion

Options
  • 14-12-2021 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys

Anyone any experience of using a pulsar Thermion as I may go down the thermal route....currently using a Digex

Thanks PV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭keith s

I have no experience with the thermion, though in general, I've found thermal great for spotting, but NV is best for the rifle.

I've seen an interesting hybrid view (NV + Thermal) but it's a spotter not a scope, was released recently. I'd say it won't be long before a scope is released.

The technology is moving fast now, I'm waiting on the new NV digex c50 to be released, it looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

I'm running the Axion XM30S and it just aboy Okay. I'm glad I didnt run with the cheaper key..

The 12um sensor means that the unit is at its practical limit for resolution at the default 4.5 mag and after that the digital magnification is simply a close up of the pixels.. 9x might off some insight be 18x offers nothing..

I can detect humans out to 1000yards and clearly see and ID deer out to c400 which is further than one should shoot.

If any advice was to be taken then 17um is the sensor of choice..

Advertisement