Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Castle Markets

Options
  • 12-12-2021 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know how strict the markets are on ticket times? All times were sold out except early afternoon for this Friday - wondering would it be possible to get in later on using the same ticket? Obviously depends how busy the markets are at the time but curious if anyone has been & has insight on ticket situation. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Hi SQ,

I was there yesterday, during the 2pm-4pm slot. It was busy.

It's not advertised (that I could see), but they do allow walk ins. We had tickets so were told to go straight to the gate. A steward checked the tickets (on my friend's phone) but not sure if they scrutinised the time/date.

There was a queue of people without tickets, and staff was letting them in based on capacity inside.

So I guess, if they notice you've arrived after your session, you would probably still get in?? Though it could mean a bit of a wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's a few minutes walking around really, pretty sh*te. Edinburgh has a pretty cool Xmas market, pity we can't have the same here. I think the overheads in this country just make these things not worthwhile for sellers. Any incarnation of Xmas markets I've been to in Ireland have been pretty bad. The Henry St tat-fest is probably more our level.

Advertisement