Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Old House

Options
  • 12-12-2021 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Im selling an old house I own, moved out of it a year ago & with Covid etc. I’m only getting around to clearing it out & putting it up for sale.

It is old & needs some investment to get it up to standard so it’s gonna be a gut job for whoever buys it.

I hadn’t been in the house for a few months & noticed there’s a large leak in the flat roof now.

Question is, is it worth getting that repaired or should I just clear the house & put it on the market as is? I mean whoever buys it would must likely gut the house so is it worth pumping money into a roof repair? Any feedback would be great 👍

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If its in particularly poor nick and definitely going to be bought for renovation, its probably not worth it

If there is a chance that its suitable for someone to buy and live in while doing it up, get it repaired - as otherwise a lender may consider it uninhabitable and won't let someone in that case get a mortgage on it.

Your EA should know the market locally and be able to advise here.

Advertisement