Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling or giving away buggy / travel system

Options
  • 11-12-2021 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭

I put an ad up on Adverts and Done Deal with what seemed (comparing to the other ads) a decent price, no interest whatsoever, dropped it by €50, still no interest. Both ads have expired now.

I know a lot of new parents insist on new everything and almost make a virtue of spending as much as possible (been there done that) but this is in near perfect condition and the asking price was a small fraction of new, it was only used for two kids.

I'm sick of looking at the bloody thing at this stage, and we could use the space, at this point we'd be happy to give it away just to get rid of it. Would a charity shop accept it? Direct provision centre? Any other ideas?

We'd have happily given it away to a friend or relative for nothing but the timing didn't work out on that.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

We are the same, have buggies and car seats that we spent well over a grand on that we can't shift. We will likely just give them to womens aid or similar. Apart from being a little bit grubby from use, they are in perfect nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

There are some Facebook groups for selling or giving away baby things - don't know where you're based but in the Cork one for giving things away big things like buggies and high chairs seem to go pretty quickly. I'm hoping to buy mine secondhand but it's a little bit early yet, just keeping an eye on those pages at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

I am in the exact same boat, I have a really decent buggy that I am basically giving away on Adverts and not a pick of interest. I really want it gone as it's sitting in a damp shed and I'm afraid it will get mouldy. I would love to give it to a charity but can't find anywhere that takes them

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭trg

Does anyone know of anyplace that takes kids bikes? They're used but they're too good for a skip at the same time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Local free stuff facebook pages.People usually snap up buggies, and car seats.Bikes often go too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Just wondering if any of the above are an OutnAbout by any chance? We're pretty much set on that buggy, there's a few online second hand but mostly doubles and the singles aren't much cheaper than new.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’m about to sell a single. Bought two years ago and rarely used. It’s grey. I’m not giving it away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I eventually sold all of ours on adverts. If you do actually just want to get rid of them, usually if you drop price to free on adverts, pretty much anything will be taken quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

• Advertisement
Advertisement