Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esim for smart watches

Options
  • 11-12-2021 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Hi everyone.

I would like to invest in a smart watch but I'd like one that I can use separate from my smartphone. So for example, I'd like to be able to leave my phone in my car and go ride my horse without worrying about Bluetooth connectivity. I'd like to be able to make and answer calls from my watch in my shed while the phone is in the house etc etc.

I asked Vodafone months ago if they were planning to provide esims for smart watches and the said they were planning to but there's been no update that I can see from Google. The last article about esims is from last year.

Is there a work around or some way to do this or are we still at the mercy of when the phone providers decide to do it? I know it's available in the UK.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement