Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Shopping Northern Ireland

Comments

Kick starting this again considering on Thursday it would have cost you 119 euro to buy 100 stg from An Post- today you can get it for just over 114 euro -

A quick look at Sainburys wine prices confirms good value to be had on a lot of bottles that are also available down here- definitely a 2-3 euro price difference at least - Jameson black barrel a saving of 10 euro on current prices after exchange rate taken into account.

If you’re going up, what are you thinking of buying? I need to do out a list - besides Christmas booze I’m not really sure where else I can save money considering I have Amazon prime so tend to get decent bargains there anyway.

Also I’ll be down about 40 euro in petrol so it will be a day out more than a bargain hunting trip but I’d like to get some gains out of the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Just buy 4 bootle of Black Barrel and you're freerolling after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,669 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

About an €11 difference on a 1 litre bottle of Smirnoff vodka right now in Tesco NIRL £17 (€19) using Clubcard v's €30 here with MUP here.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255248898

• Registered Users Posts: 32,739 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

With the sterling slipping badly in value, a good time to start Xmas shopping early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Madd002

DH just back from a weekend away in England. One good thing about Brexit is the duty free on boats is back with great savings to be had.This is what I requested as he had 3 friends so he got me 800 cigarettes £180

2 x 1ltrs of Bombay Sapphire £30 - I dont drink but sisters do. so for €240 give or take the cigarettes will bring me up to mid February , I only smoke 6ish a day and with budget adding 50c it was a no brainer to bulk buy them. So €205 for cigs in Ireland all I would get is 13 packs @ 15.80 per pack.

Now I am considering going on a day trip for 16 per adult and 8 for child. would be great to see everything on board as DH phone died and couldn't video call for me to see what was on board - gift sets would be way cheaper.

I would usually go to Enniskillen an hr away but last time I was up my main staples were roughly the same grocery wise.

For Santa huge difference in argos price uk vs Ireland so would've saved 100- 150 in toy prices.

I've all receipts for last 20 years..!!

Amazon prime brilliant the earlier the better as prices jump massively nearer the big day.

I am almost finished shopping as I start in January usually buying the candle gift sets from m&s normally 13 got 7 for 6 each tipperary crystal gift set usually 25 got 4 for 12.50 each and same set now being sold in chemist that have xmas stock in.

I also used lego.ie as I had points available from last year converted to €10 off so each time you buy your points build up.

1 tip for asda, now it might not work as I set it up years ago. As I dont live up there I registered using their address and post code so I can login and order online and do the click and collect, saves me an hour in store and i can pop over to the lovely shopping centre or go up to their lovely town have lunch and pick up on way home.

P.s they used to do a bus run before xmas years ago, couple of women got a 28 seater it was way cheaper split between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Madd002

Advertisement