Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find papers from a marriage separation/annulment

• 10-12-2021 1:11pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but a friend needs to find papers for a possible marriage annulment from the 1980s. A friend is trying to find information on a recently deceased aunt, as far as my friend knows both parties were previously divorced. The aunt, she thought was divorced in 1988 but divorce wasn't legal here until 1995. So now she is thinking it may be an annulment...where would records of those be kept? I've so far directed her to the Dublin Circuit Court nut not sure that was correct.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Any records of a divorce would be in the courthouse

I just got divorced yesterday and the solicitor told me that I would get the decree in the post, however if I ever needed a copy it would be in the courthouse

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's great to know, thanks. She is going to contact the courthouse today. Even if that's not the right place, I'm sure they will be able to direct her to the right place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Congrats (?) one the divorce by the way.

Advertisement