Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

All model diagnostic from a smartphone

Options
  • 10-12-2021 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

A mechanic I know ( foreign dude bad English) has a brilliant diagnostic system on his phone. Plugs in an obd reader connects up to it via bt and off he goes. It literally does everything. Epb dpf sas etc etc etc. I asked him where he got it he just says Internet. He uses it on all car makes and models. It's really good. Anyone ever come across something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

What car do you have?

Carly is good for German vehicles.

With others it provides standard/basic obd read functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

No it's not Carly it's a full system all makes models on the phone

Basically smartphone can run every car make and model but weakest point is that cheap dongle, what support only limited amount protocols. Look, all fancy scanners have a android and BT. Your phone is almost the same good to do similar job (may be slower). And now I gave to you "brilliant" business plane to make another autel, thinktool, snapon etc. Leprechaun scan tool, made in Ireland. No, it is not a joke (I expecting to get the first unit by free). Good VCI and it works like a several thousands tools. How you get all the software? Exactly like everyone else, just stealing it from manufacturers (clean room reverse engineering is still stealing). Sorry, it is too crazy even by standards....Possible but still crazy

Advertisement