Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Representing myself in court

Options
  • 09-12-2021 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have court tomorrow and am representing myself as the respondent in an uncontested, consented divorce.

I've sought legal advice, that I now am double guessing.

I have no avidavitt of means filled out. Will I need this ? I was told as we have an agreement in place that we are both happy with, I just need to turn up to court and be present?

Having done a bit now research today it would appear that I need an avidavitt of means too ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Maybe helpful for someone.

So I wasn't asked to speak at all other than , an acknowledgement that I was happy with our agreements.

I was advised last night to get an avidavitt of means and welfare which I got this morning and sworn by a commissioner of oaths.

Spent approximately 3 minutes in the courtroom.

Advertisement