Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing a NEW Telephone (Office) System - Recommendations and what to watch for??

Options
  • 09-12-2021 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hi All...

I have been aked to look into upgrading / replacing our current old Analogue telephone system and handsets. Obviously - I need to look at teh Investment cost but must also look at Savings on call-costs going forward as well. Also - Annual Maintenance fee is important as well as on-line support

We have Efibre installed in teh building and so Internet is good for us.

Just wondering if any Boardsies have been invoilved in same that could give me recommendations and more importantly want to look for in a new system..

I would like

1. Teleconferancing
    2. Easy to change messages (overnight / when closed / etc)
    3. keep current cabling... less disruptive
    4. back-up option if 'lines' go down (power outsge / storm damage locally etc)
    5. Am with EIR and happy to stay with them with new supplier

Will be asking current line supplier (EIR) for a quote for Hardware etc... but will be looking for 3 x Quotes etc..

Any help appreciated ..

Comments

I would look into VOIP - regular landline number, but far cheaper, mailboxes, after hours handling, menus for callers to main number, etc and can take calls on your smartphone wherever you are

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

+1 for voip. Replacing an analogue pbx like for like just to retain wiring won’t give you the features you want.

a hosted system will give you the option of soft phones or daisy chaining handsets to your PCs.

you’ll get the features above and more than likely the ability to flex up and down if required. you’ll also have the ability to use smart phone apps or work from home for resilience.

all of the carriers will have a hosted options with the same or similar features it would come down to service for me

Advertisement