Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 8th December 2021

Options
  • 08-12-2021 1:20pm

A few each way at Wolves

2.10 SHUV H'PENNY KING 15/2 Boyle

Out of form, but is a C & D winner from his last trip to the course in May.

GREEN POWER 7/1 Boyle

A winner at a massive price lto when he ran over a mile at Kempton. He ran okay at Chelmsford the time before that over 7f. Is very lightly raced on the AW, and, even though he's six, he might be well handicapped for this tilt at the extended mile on the Tapeta, which he's never tried before. Is drawn well in four for one who likes to chase the pace...

2.40 DONNY MARLOW 22/1 Boyle 4 places

Needs to break better than what he's done of late. Has ability as has won twice before, including a win over the minimum trip at the course almost bang on a year ago. A 7lbs claiming apprentice takes the ride for the third time in a row, so if the stars are aligned, and it's a going day for the horse he may put in a decent performance. Quite a few who like to lead or chase the pace, including the fav Swinging Eddie, and, like a lot of the frontrunners here, being drawn wide in twelve might especially hinder Swinging Eddie here.

3.10 QUEEN OF BURGUNDY 7/1 PP

Is twice a winner over the 7f trip. She's well placed in the one box to chase the pace here, which may be well set by the fav Abnaa, who's in the stall next door. Favourite has solid claims here, but will hope Abnaa is vulnerable in trying to make all here. Abnaa is not always the most reliable from out the gates, and, at his shortish price, that's enough to put me off. Wouldn't be a layer at ?? though, and will hope QUEEN OF BURGUNDY can get involved today..

3.40 INEXPLICABLE 5/1 PP

A C & D winner from two runs back.. Is drawn well in one, and is capable of making all. A 7lb claimer takes off 7 to ease the burden, so may be a pillar to post attempt in this apprentice race over the extended mile.

ROSE OF LANCASHIRE 66/1

3 yr old filly with not much form to speak of, and has yet to win from 14 attempts. She did come a respectable 6th, when running on a similar surface over a mile at Newcastle lto. That were an improvement, and also was a change of her previous tactics as she was held up. Being drawn in 11 should help her get a good position out the back early on. Her jockey Levi Williams is very capable, and she looks a lively and likely outsider here.

Gluck 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Few really nice bets today.

3.40 Wolverhampton, the fav - intervention @ around 7/4 is getting hammered in the betting but I'm quite sure it won't win here. Max lay bet here.

3.45 Dundalk, morning approach, laying at around 11/10 it won't be placed. Trappy race and the first 2 in the betting could fight this out, but just can't see morning approach being in the first three. Confident here. Few more to follow.

4.30 Kempton, mythical dancer, around 5/4 or slightly lower. Again can't see this winning here. First time in handicap and sure to be a couple of unexposed in this race. Lay bet here.

Just threw a tenner on Mythical Dancer.

4.45 Dundalk, tooreen angel, around 5/2. Won't win here in my opinion.

5.0 Kempton, asean legend, around 6/4. Another lay bet, can't see it winning here, confident on this.

1 more serious bet in the 5.30 at Kempton. Still getting money on.

5.30 Kempton, western writer, around 10/11, can't see it winning here. Confident lay bet. Seemed outpaced lto at the start and finished strongly you might say, but seems to me the horses in front were just weakening after a very fast pace. More than likely this race will be different. Nice shirt price to have a decent lay bet.

• Advertisement

You're on fire today Goat!

That's another cosy 'winner' there Goat - never in doubt!! 😁

Yes, nice to have a day with so many strongly fancied.

I was going to back sea speedwell in the 6.0 at Kempton, especially at the price after the drift but I'm calling it a day. In contrast to western writer in the last, this horse seemed to be very green and stayed on through beaten horses lto, but really did look to have a lot left in the tank. I had it as a possibility. If it doesn't win today I'll back it next time out, looks a decent prospect.

You've had a good day.. might as well keep your powder dry, and your 100% daily record intact 😊

A few more races left at Kempton - ya might spy another one yet!

Advertisement