Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted furniture & stinky chair

Options
  • 08-12-2021 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello.

My question has two parts. Firstly, I'm wondering if there is some place I can get rid of some unwanted furniture in Letterkenny or the surrounding area? With Covid, are charity stores still taking in second hand furniture? If so, where? I have had to remove a suite from a little used sitting room to accommodate my dad's bed and hoist (he has recently lost his mobility), so I'd like to get rid of it before Christmas so I have less clutter over the festive season and so that I have more space in general.

Secondly, in addition to the suite, I particularly want to get rid of his relatively new (around two years old) easy chair that he has had several accidents on over time and the smell of wee won't come out for love nor money. It looks practically new, but has a most undesirable smell. We've always cleaned the chair and sprayed it to death with enzymatic cleaner for any accidents, but this smell seems ingrained and has become more apparent, if possible, since he's stopped using it. Since the chair has been in disuse, having been replaced with a fancy new orthopedic chair, I have tried bicarb, charcoal, special urine removal stuff they use in care homes and doggy enzyme stain and odour removal stuff - nothing works. Even if it did work, the chair is dead to me now and who the eff would take it off my hands, with it smelling like it does?!?! I wouldn't leave it with a charity shop, as that wouldn't be very charitable. I'd leave it out in the street with a "free chair" sign on it, only I don't think anyone would want it. Bar ordering a skip, I'm at a loss as to what to do with it. All ideas welcome.

Advertisement