Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Driving Lessons?

Options
  • 07-12-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations?

also never realized Automatic lessons are dearer than Manual? how does that work....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭914

Manual tests should be a thing if the past soon with hybrid and electric cars all being automatic.

Maybe the higher cost is insurance reasons, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

logged on early to one of the bigger lessons companies around, and it was 200€ dearer than the manual for the 12 lessons. genuinely couldn't believe it, maybe im living under a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

It could be that the driving school has less automatics available in their fleet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

higher demand for manuals maybe...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I suspect its the lack of automatic cars, they are really not that common in Ireland. If a person doing lessons bought one it wouldn't get much use to cover the outlay for the car. Hence the higher charge for lessons,

While electric cars are growing they are also not that common in the larger scale of things. Also an electric car would be a higher outlay for any person doing lessons also.

If you can why not do a manual test, this would mean you can buy both automatic and manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

not a big fan of driving or multitasking so manual doesn't really suit me lol, should have done a manual test when i was 17 but that's long gone now so just wanna pass the automatic. like I know the most sensible thing to do is the manual, but im fixed on automatic as i feel ill be able to pass first time and i really need too.

I will say its hard to get a reply back from any of these instructors re automatic lessons, must be super busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

These cars are automated not automatic.

Advertisement