Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do / What's she worth?

Options
  • 06-12-2021 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Having a bit of a quandry here - have a 171D Land Rover Discovery Sport, bought August of last year. Has about 34,000 miles on it, one previous owner. Now in buying it, I was going somewhat against my better judgement - the missus was keen, whereas for the money, I'd have probably looked at a Kodiaq or similar, and the in-built tech is awful. Happy wife, happy life, and as a car, it's grand to drive.

In the last 18 months though, we've come to see how bad the mileage is - about 23MPG, or 10L/100KM on average, which isn't great when most of our driving would be local. A couple of questions:

• Any recommendations on a larger Hybrid (or plug-in Hyrbid) that'd get us closer to the LR's size? Alot of the mid-market SUVs seem quite small (Tuscon, CHR, etc)
    • Any reason I shouldn't think about trading in against a Kodiaq and putting Hybrid on the long-finger for now?
    • Any idea what my car is worth, broad strokes, if traded in?

Thanks lads,

P

Advertisement