Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sending personal items to the Uk

• 06-12-2021 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can anyone offer advice on what forms need to be completed when sending a parcel of personal items to the UK when sending with a courier. It is so confusing and every website I have been on offers different forms to be completed. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Whatever courier you are using should help with filling in the required form. The value of the contents will dertermine if vat & custom duty are required.

Avoid reading loads, concentrate on just what is required to send from Ireland to UK only once you have the value of the contents.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 featherbed

There is no commercial value as I am relocating to London and they are just my own clothes that I could not bring on airplane. So will customs accept a nil value or should I put a nominal amount. Again Thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Put in a nominal value & mark it as 'gifts/own clothing' - If randomly checked by customs, they won't have an issue if it's just your own clothes.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Advertisement