Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 Golf issues

Options
  • 05-12-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all, all of a sudden I got the following faults on my 2013 1.6 diesel golf

When I restart the car the faults disappear but come back after maybe 30 or so min of driving. Cruise control does not work when the faults are on but will work when they are not on. Any ideas on this?

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Just from the photo, without knowing of any symptoms, I would be looking at the ABS sensors, it's possible that if one ABS sensor fails it would stop the adaptive cruise control from working as it relies on the cars computer knowing what speed the wheels are moving at, same goes for the front assist.

You could bring it to a garage and they could use a scanner to check the function of the ABS and see if one or more are not performing as they should.

You could also remove each sensor and spray it down with some electrical contact cleaner see if that helps anything.

The auto hold could be tied in also, if all those messages showed at the same time, I'm not sure though.

The TPMS could be low tyre pressure so I'd also pump all tyres to correct spec and see how that goes, could also be one of the TPMS sensors at the wheels.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Barrett1234

Thanks for the reply, I think I’ll go to the garage tomorrow, after a Google it looks very possible that it is down to sensors. Any idea of what kind of figure I can expect to pay to get the needed sensors replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

As already said it’s probably an abs wheel sensor. Alternatively it may also necessitate a new wheel bearing as I believe your car reads wheel speed from “tone” ring within bearing.

Sensor would be less than €20 and 10-15 mins to fit. Wheel bearing I’d guess around €70 and an hour maybe. Others probably would have a better idea overall not expensive. Labour rate totally depends on wether it’s independent garage or dealer (go independent)

Ok good to know, hopefully as you say, it won’t be overly expensive.

Any idea why when I restart the car all the faults are not showing? I restarted the car and drove 40km with no faults, but if I drive it later on they could come back and then turn off once the car restarts?

To me it’s just indicative of a wheel sensor which is beginning to fail. They often work and don’t work then work….. they are subjected to harsh enough conditions . Obviously on restart it’s clearing the codes. All the codes you have displayed can be explained by bad data from one wheel sensor

• Advertisement

Ok cool, thanks for the reply

Update on this if anyone wondering, I got the ABS sensor replaced and another different sensor too. He said there was a chance the wheel baring needed to be replaced as mentioned above but in the end it was ok. €135 total.

Thanks for the update, we all love a happy ending. I'm going to presume the other sensor was a tpms and not another abs sensor?

Can’t remember the name of the sensor that he said but it could of been that, one was definitely an abs and the other sensor was different. Was not 2 abs sensors!

It could be since the error message stated an issue with tpms system, glad all is well again

• Advertisement

Ya was happy that it was just two sensors when all the lights/error came on I was thinking I’m going to be in for a very costly repair!

Advertisement