Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all

Options
  • 05-12-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi anyone having issue with one4all card. Got one and tried ti activate it Fri. Still waiting on pin to be sent. Anyone having issues with this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Seen plenty of issues with these cards... especially the digital versions.

Can't spend more than 50 quid online with them....or use to part pay etc. Better used to add as credit to a frequently used account/subscription (eg Phone credit/Nespresso etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mori k

I heard but I'm quite happy to spend in shop but can't without a pin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The online €50 limit is an EU regulation that applies to all unregistered payment cards

Absolutely nothing one4all can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Yea, I have tried to activate a gold card on Saturday and am still waiting for my pin number. I rang their Customer Care Number yesterday and an agent said they are having IT problems. They said they received all my details from the ID Pal app and nothing else for me to do.

Tried ringing this morning and can't even get through to an agent to see if there is an update. Looks like they are getting hammered with calls.

They haven't even put an announcement up on their website to say there are problems with the activation process, which is very poor customer service.

@one4all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Get One4All vouchers for people you dont like for Christmas.

Get Ryanair vouchers for people you hate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Lol, yea. The gold card was a gift from my job from last year €250. Didnt even realise I needed to activate the bloody thing until I was at the till. I would advise anyone thinking of getting one4all cards to stay well clear of the chip and pin ones. If you need one for more than €150 (which is the max you can put onto a normal card), split it into two cards, believe me, its the better option.

For your very fist activation you have to download an app called ID Pal, upload either a Drivers Licence or Passport pic and a selfie. They are in turn sent to one4all and you are told you should receive your pin in 1hr, or no more that 24hrs. I'm still waiting since 3pm Saturday for my pin. Its painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I was the same, details and verification went through fine Saturday morning, and only got the text with my pin, yesterday, Monday at 5.30pm. Wouldn't want to be in a hurry to use it or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

I normally get these as gifts for child minders etc. What's the limit if you just want the normal card without any hassle which can be used without any pin etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭db

I got one from work recently and thought it would be a nightmare trying to use it. As it turns out it was easy enough to register, as it to the phone and use it in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I think the Me2You gift cards are less hassle - for small(ish) amounts anyway. Have been giving ones for €25 each to some nieces and nephews for each of the past few Christmasses, so I hope they're no hassle anyway!

I stand to be corrected, if anybody knows better.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I never understand these fcuking vouchers?

Such a ballache...just give cnuting cash!!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Got a 500eur one yesterday, took me 10mins to register it today. pin received.

Get them every year I think theyre great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Yep, they are welcomed in a lot more retail stores as it is operated by Retail Excellence (umbrella group for retail) and they charge less than half the commission rate of One4All.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Activated the Gold one on the 6th, still waiting for the text with my PIN....load of shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I have one since last year. Took months on and off to support to get it loaded on the phone. I've never found a shop able to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I have tried to activate a card today. Seems there are still problems with their system.

Be right back!

One4all is temporarily unavailable while we make important upgrades to our site. We appreciate your patience and apologise for any inconvenience.

Be right back? In time for Christmas shopping? What a crock of sh*

Advertisement