Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Linksys router Eir Gigabit Network Modem

Options
  • 05-12-2021 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello,

So today we just got set up with Eir Gigabit FTTH.

Theres a new modem (HUAWEI) very small box with another one connected to the fibre installed and Eir has given us a router as well. However, I want to use my own Linksys WRT3200ACM because it’s open source and has loads of settings.

I’m having serious difficulty with setting up the router. I reset the modem, reset to factory setting on the Linksys router connected it all up and switched them on. The Linksys router is recognising that there’s an LAN in the inter port but when I’m going through the quick setup it is not detecting the internet from the modem and is saying turn the off the modem (for 2mins) wait 2 mins and try again.

So following these instructions, I can’t get past this and changed the leads and updated the firmware and still no luck. Has anyone had the same problem or is there other things I need to do?

Any help would be appreciated!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Advertisement