Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to EIR 5G

Options
  • 04-12-2021 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I have been with Eir on a sim only contract since 2018. When I entered into that contract I also bought a Samsung A5 (2017) and I've been very happy with it. I entered a new contract today with Eir for no limits 5g (the limit on the old contract was 10gb on 4g) plus unlimited calls and texts. The thing now though is - I need to buy a 5g phone. When I look at the prepay phones on the eir website I suppose my first reaction is feeling underwhelmed. The selection is fairly basic. From reading reviews of the phones available the best 5G phone appears to be the Samsung A22 5G.

Reviews of the A22 5G seem to conclude that it's a so-so phone i.e. a value for money phone albeit a basic one.

Does anybody have experience of using the A22 on the Eir's 5g network and based on your experience would you recommend it?, or is there another Eir prepay phone that you would consider to be a better one?

Another question, if I want to buy an unlocked phone - Do I need to buy an Eir phone first to get the 5g sim card to access the Eir 5g Network, before I buy an unlocked phone and transfer the sim to it, or do I have any other options? 5G is most important to me

Thanks

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Any unlocked 5g phone will do you. Buy it on line and make sure it states its unlocked. U def dont need to buy your phone from eir. Vodafone were doin good deals on some of their 5g phones. Think they were all unlocked too only u had to port your number but u can get around that by gettin any sim and port that number. Do the deal buy the phone and pop your current sim into it.

Or just go buy unlocked 5g phone within your budget or go splurgin, up to u, save all the portin number business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Don't buy a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro as they won't work with Eir 5G

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

Sorry to resurrect a thread but just a warning to people, I've had multiple unlocked phones with Eir and the only unresolvable issue that I had, was that wifi calling would never work on them, everything else worked ok.

I ended up having to downgrade to their Samsung phone because I've no coverage at home so I need wifi calling, it works perfectly, and I now realise for the price difference, I didn't need to be spending so much on phones, There is a difference but not more than 5x the price differences

Advertisement