Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Building Sign Off

• 01-12-2021 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ BalboBiggins

Hi guys, I'm going through a renovation and extenstion at the moment and have an engineer signing off on the structure but that's all. What else do I need legally at the end? There is no architect managing the build.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 43,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭ muffler

Did you get planning permission or do you need to get it?

Have you plans for the extension and who prepared them?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DOCARCH

You should at the end have an opinion on compliance with (all) building regulations and an opinion on compliance with planning permission (or exemption from planning permission).

If you ever come to sell the house, or have to borrow money using the house as collateral, they are the documents that will be required.

Typically an engineers opinion on compliance (with structure) covers one aspect of the building regulations (Part A - Structure).

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ BalboBiggins

Thanks lads, yes I got planning permission but ended my dealings with the architect after that.

Advertisement