Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aviation Museum donation

Options
  • 30-11-2021 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Morning,

strange one for you this morning, but i have some items that i think would be better kept with a museum

than in a box in my house and i was wonder if there is such thing as donating items to an aviation museum here in Ireland.

I could be told the items have zero relevance, but wanted to check anyway.

thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

I think you'd need to give some indication of what type of items you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Some bits and pieces of when concorde landed in dublin from a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

I read that as bits and pieces of Concorde from a passenger.

Come to think of it the old aviation museum that was in Waterford years ago had a selection of titanium compressor blades from an Olympus engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

This sounds to me like nice memorabilia to have but probably not of major interest from any existing Irish museum's point of view. I also think that to display such material would require it to be placed in an appropriate wider context, to do with travel, aviation or technology, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Give it to Airventure in Shannon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement