Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring door bell connection issues

Options
  • 29-11-2021 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm at my witts end with my ring doorbell. Was working fine for months, but last two weeks wont hold the WiFi signal.

I've tried everything, my broadband is with virgin media, Ive rebooted it and reset it several times, it works for 3-4 minutes then goes offline. I've tried setting it up with the hot spot on my phone instead of the WiFi, it works for a few minutes, when I switch back to the house WiFi, it goes offline.

I think the problem is the ring doorbell is trying to do an update of its firmware and the firewall within my virgin broad band is causing the door bell to go offline will not completing the update.

I've been onto virgin to check everything at their end, and they've told me everything is working fine.

Been on to ring also and tried what they told me to do, but the doorbell still goes off line after a few minutes.

It was all working fine for months up until a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone had a similar issue with a ring door bell and virgin media broadband??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

yeah - it sucks on the default settings through even the smallest walls - I changed mine to use 2.4Ghz connection and it's perfect now.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭zg3409

What model ring? If it has a battery maybe manually charge it over usb then move doorbell next to WiFi router and test. If it has no battery then power supply may not be good enough.

You can move virgin WiFi closer if you use TV extension coax and give it 5 minutes to reboot.

Try rule out distance and power first before you assume the ring is actually faulty

Advertisement