Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 28th November 2021

Options
  • 27-11-2021 10:20pm

12.35 Fairyhouse

Go with 2 each way here..

Gordon Elliott's Fil Dor may well hack up, having won very easy on his hurdles' debut. That was on soft/heavy at DR last month, but the declared going for tomorrow is good, and, at a best price 4/7 it's worth looking elsewhere.

To that end I have picked two, and both of them have hurdling experience, which should be a help in this tasty looking Grade 3 for 3yr olds.

LUNAR POWER Plenty of 4s online... 7/2 with PP and Boyle

Has some good form on the flat, including two wins at 10f, and has had 2 hurdles' outings so far, having won his most recent.

DOCTOR BROWN BEAR 25/1 PP/Boyle

Has had three runs over the obstacles, and it's the middle of those that give this outsider each way claims. That was a 2nd placing over C & D at the start of the month.

Gluck 😊

Comments

A rotten day today but back on the horse we get.

Haven't had a bet yet but I see two of my boyos, Adrimel and Cape Gentleman, are running. As I said last month, I think Cape Gentleman has IT. I'll definitely be getting involved at 11/2.

Adrimel 5/2 is a tad skimpy for me as a single so will likely double him up with another.

I'll have the Credit Union on Honeysuckle.

2.40 Fairyhouse ABACADABRAS 8/1 PP

Likely Honeysuckle will win this, but the selection has strong claims in this too. This 7yr old has done most of his hurdling at 2 miles, but on the rare (only, I think) occasion he's been stepped up in trip, he's acquitted himself very well. He won over tomorrow's 2m. 4f. trip at Aintree in April. That was a Grade 1 and that's good enough for me. If money don't come for anything else, and I'm not sure what else might be supported in this, I can see Abacadabras going off at close to half his current odds. At the prices LATEST EXHIBITION @ 20s gen, has a chance also; going on the fact that, as a hurdler, he's lightly raced, having had only 5 runs, and his win at Leopardstown in Feb of last year is the pick of his those, insofar as making a case for him tomorrow.

EDIT each way on these two.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

ADRIMEL GOES 12.45 Carlisle, where The Jam Man's trainer Ronan McNally sends the opposable looking 11/8 fav Dreal Deal, who looks like this 2m trip may be a bit sharp for him, as well as it being his first go over the larger obstacles..

CAPE GENTLEMAN partakes in the 1.35 Fairyhouse.

I'll have the Credit Union on Honeysuckle.

😁 Best of luck Hello 2D!!

I see ELIMAY goes in a Listed Mares' Chase at Carlisle 1.45. A bit short 😁 @ ~2/5, but should be interesting to watch anyhow, provided the meeting goes ahead. The other English meeting, Leicester, is also subject to inspection; although the going at Carlisle is described as good to soft, so maybe fog or a frozen track is the issue, as it's hardly the actual going that warrants the 'precautionary' inspection.. With these so called precautionary inspections, it seems they're cancelled more often than not. If I were a layer, I wouldn't be going too far north of evens about neither of those meetings going ahead...

Carlisle has been called off. No Elimay and no Adrimel.

That's a shame, Carlisle had some tasty looking races.

• Advertisement

As for my bets for the day.

Against my better judgement, I've abandoned the Honeysuckle single and I've doubled her with Fil Dor at evens.

Cape Gentleman at 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

12.55 Leicester, Book of secrets, around 5/4. Max stakes win here for me. They backed the horse lto on hurdles debut. The horse ran green through the race and awkward jumps beginning of the race. The horse then settled and jumped better and went close only to fade on the run in. I love these bets. Because they backed it last time out, the horse will be still bouncing and they are on a recovery mission today. Distance is perfect today and horse spot on. Very confident this will scoot in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.25 Leicester, Robeam, around 11/10. This won't win here in my opinion. Small race but just can't see it winning.

1.55 Leicester, reilly, short at around 2/5,i took the short odds and backed to win.

2.40 fairyhouse, honeysuckle, around 1/3. I backed to win and in treble with book of secrets and reilly.

Lunar Power runs a good race in 2nd, but the fav Fil Dor was too strong, and gets up close to the line. The other selection in the 12.35, Doctor Brown Bear, runs a good race from the front, but lost third position on the run in, and sadly finishes 4th..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

I think Ruby needs to get a new wardrobe coordinator

• Advertisement

Great finish in the 1.35 at Fairyhouse. Some run from Beacon Edge to get back into that let alone win it. Gabynako did well to finish the race and almost win, I thought he was gone three or four times.

Unfortunately my boyo, Cape Gentlemen, fell a few out when seemingly going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

Honeysuckle us just sensational

Latest Exhibition in the background was horrible viewing. Doesn't look good

"There's no such thing as a sure thing."

Just an immaculate horse.

The only time we'll see her in a competitive race is if she goes chasing. Nothing in sight that'll touch her over hurdles.

Advertisement