Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Teacher's Phone offers

Options
  • 27-11-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Three.ie usually do a good offer for teachers. Anyone know how much the Iphones are on the 28.99 offer

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Just to update for anyone interested. They used to outsource Government deals but now don't and offers are individual so if people move to Three they might give them a great deal but not for current customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I moved to three about 6 years ago and I've been paying €19.50 or thereabouts per month since. Never any more than that. I paid €500 cash for a new S7, which I still have, around the same time so I saved a good bit then by not going on that "monthly bill" codology where over 24 months the same phone would cost twice as much as paying via cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Current offers for Higher Education institutions staff and studnets.

Does not incude phones but would have call and mobile internet packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Had one of these forwarded by the school secretary. Had to laugh at the T's and C's. Daylight robbery.

Perfectly fine buying a phone when needed and using 48.ie at 7.99 a month thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It was 02 that started these plans, known has corporate plans, covering all sections of civil service, HSE, Teachers etc. Whilst the plans on the surface are cheaper per month they are generally fixed 2 year plans. Some are sim only, some have free phones but generally higher spec phones not subsidised to the extent they are on consumer, business plans were monthly tariffs higher.

It's down to personal choice you'll get a cheaper monthly tariff and mid range phone free or pay som towards a higher spec phone.

T&C"s are not much different than personal or business plans albeit you have to be employed in apicable organisations and these are strictly two year plans, apart from sim only albeit why anyone would do a 12 or 18 month sim only, beyond me.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Treppen

I can't believe Three are still allowed to spam schools. What makes matters worse is there is zero deal to be had.

Get a sim with Virgin media for €5 per month or more permanent €10.99 with 48.ie . Then get your €100 off phone with Vodafone by switching. Or buy Xiaomi from Honorbuy or Argos which often have special offers.

Folk need to start flagging this email as spam and ask school secretary to stop forwarding it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Ya, a huge number of staff in my school are on that plan. I didn't opt for it at the time when I realised that I'd have to buy my own phone and when I added the cost of a new phone to the cost of the cheaper monthly price plan, it wasn't a whole lot different from my current monthly phone bill and a subsidized upgrade every 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes I see your point, some of the plans do offer a mid range phone free but not all . People really need to consider what works best for them, I was one of the lucky €9.99 gomo deal , have been on ot 2 years now but its since gone up to €14.99 pm

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement