Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso Vertuo machine - looking to bypass de-Scaling mode

• 25-11-2021 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I have the Nespresso Vertuo next premium.

Currently not able to make coffee as it looks like I need to de-scale the machine but I don't have any of the kits.

Is there a way to bypass this mode as seems quite restrictive to fully block me from making coffee until a point where I pay Nespresso more money for one of their de-scaling kits.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭2011abc

Late reply but it should work fine with the descale alert .Watch the video and just run plain water through it and watch all the brown gunk come out

Note there are one or two serious errors in video eg nothing ENDS by itself ,you have to press button to get it to end or it will use up all the water before stopping .Also its best to keep water above halfway level when carrying out this procedure .It CAN be a VERY temperamental process but if you do it right the half red green light should go back to green .

• Just for the record OP (I know this threads a bit old by now) but you do NOT need a Nespresso descale kit.

Any decent (although it must be a liquid type solution not powder) descaler will be fine. As I said, make sure it’s a LIQUID solution NOT a powder one!

Advertisement